Friday, January 7, 2011

Steamwave Throw for my Mom.

My mom wants a blanket.

She loves colours. especially blues and greens. I got a box of yarn from the yarn fairy (really!! it appeared on my front doorstep in a neat tidy box), its chock full of yarn. Golds, rust, burgundy, black and some other stuff. it will be perfect!

I had a vision in mind. Something that looks like stained glass, or cathedral type something. so off I went to trusty ravelry. and found...

The Steamwave Throw by Kim Guzman (Caron International). http://www.caron.com/projects/ss_paints/ssp25_streamwave_throw.html

its very pretty. I can see it made from the yarn in my 'fairy box'. Alternating colours, surrounded by a crisp hunter green (yes, the infamous hunter green).

Here it is...right before I ran out of green.




Since my fairy box was full of bits and pieces, some of my yarns don't really match. The rust changes a few times, as does the gold (and it will be making another change as I run out of the one I'm currently working with).
by the end though, it will be made out of Red Heart Super Saver in
Hunter Green
Claret
Carrot
Gold


I quite like it.

2 comments:

  1. How lovely! It looks like stained glass. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm having a great time with the pattern. I've got some more yarn to use with this one (once I finish all the rest of my UFOs).

    It looks really nice as it grows.

    :)

    ReplyDelete