Sunday, January 23, 2011

Something new!

oh boy, I love a challenge.

I get asked 'what are your hobbies?' all the time, my answer is "whatever looks FUN". which is why I have many different kinds of crafts or links in my arsenal.

I am playing with a new group - Caring 4 Canadians - and mentioned that I want to learn how to knit, but I posess that lovely "Lefthanded coordination" - AKA, NONE. I have zero coordination. My hands might pretend to work together but really, they don't.

One of those wonderful ladies suggested that I find German Knitting. Also known as Continental Knitting, or LeftHanded. YAY.

so of course, I have to look it up.

and I find a TON of videos. I really don't like watching how to videos. I'm a picture by picture kind of learner. all the talky talky just drives me nuts. But I held out and watched the videos. Well! that looks pretty darn easy!

Out of all the videos and links I found, this one is the best (at least for me it was the easiest to find what I wanted). http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/knit-stitch

I'm going to try out a scarf or something really simple tomorrow, when there's more light. I've got my trusty needles from when I first started playing with yarn. I wanted to try both crochet and knitting to see which I liked better.

Now I'm on the hunt for printable pictures for how to do the stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment