Sunday, April 17, 2011

Time to Make a blanket for the middle kid!

She's changed her mind a few times, as to the design and shape.

Finally, we found a STAR! http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=4869

Very pretty, and if I was willing to fork out the extra $$ for the yarn in the pattern (which I'm not), it would be very nice.

But, she's picked a cool variegated yarn called Chococherry (by Phentex). As the name states, choco = chocolate brown, and Cherry = dark pink. The colours are separated by a soft creamy colour.

To go along with the chococherry, we've got a Teal (which is actually named Emerald on the label) by Phentex, and a Dark Navy, also by Phentex. As you can see, I love phentex. its so soft and comfy yet easy to work with.

I started the centre star a few times, trying to get the right look.

I ended up with this...


Haven't had much time to work on it yet though. I am still trying to finish up the Kew Gardens afghan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment